Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert

Hi there. Some confidential & personal information in relation

Hi there. Some confidential & personal information in relation to my medical treatment by the local health board has been sent to another member of the public amongst some records she requested. The matter has been investigated & thay have addmitted a breach in Data Protection which is being further investigated by the Information Commissioner's Office. No body has informed me of my rights. Please can you tll me what they are & if I am entitled to compensation? Thanks

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : You are able to claim compensation from them directly or through the courts (it is better to try through them first). There is no specific amount for compensation and it depends how much distress it has caused you. Please see the attached link:
Awan-Legal :
Awan-Legal : I hope that helps. Please click accept on my answer and good luck with it.