Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am dealing with a Law firm called Jerry Herman & Associates

I am dealing with a Law firm called Jerry Herman & Associates LLP. Their address:
141 Tower Bridge Road, Bermondsey, Greater London SE1 3PL, United Kingdom.
(+44) XXX-XXX-XXXX. I have signed a Retainer agreement with him and need a second
opinion of this agreement. If I can email you the document to look over and let me
know that it is in a legal manner please advise?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Please give me as much detail as possible.

I need a bit more information please. I am going off line shortly and will be on and off all day (experts on here are also practising lawyers) but will be back later (on and off) today when I will deal further once I have your reply.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Mr. Herman is helping a client who passesd away and selected me to help donate her

inheritance to charities which I will be compensated for my work. Sounds like a scam

and need to find out if this Law firm is registrated?

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
HiMy Colleague simply asked for further information. For future reference please don't opt an expert out for this, it means they can't answer the question. There is no law firm by that name registered with the Law Society. If they practised in England and Wales they must be registered here and they are not. If they purport to be a law firm in England and Wales then they are not and could be subject to criminal charges.If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept. Kind regards,Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tom,

Thanks for your answer and time. I have a website for that law firm and it looks really

legit? I know you stated that firm is not registered but can they still post a website

under that name for to gain consumer business? Please see if you can look up their

website on Google and let me know if it is legit?

Thank you,

Gary

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Hi Gary,

I assume this to be the website:-

http://www.jerryhermanlaw.com/

They appear to be an American firm, all the literature on their attorneys seems to largely relate to the US and I cannot see that any of the solicitors are registered as UK practising lawyers, which they shoudl be.

There is nothing preventing a US firm using a UK address but they/their solicitors should be registered with the law society to practise in the UK so I would make enquiries directly with them to explain the basis of their practice in the UK.

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tom,

Thank you for your help and I will enquire to them about their presence in the US.

v/r,

Gary

Go S.F. 49er's!!!!!

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Gary,

No problem, good luck.

I'm a UK solicitor and am very much "Go Spurs" in the football/"soccer" today!

Tom