Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

The CSA keep changing the amounts that I have to pay. In some

The CSA keep changing the amounts that I have to pay. In some cases they backdate it even though I have been paying what they ask. On one occasion they sent me 3 letters all on the same day asking for different amounts!

Can they keep changing the amounts like this and backdating?

Regards,
Paul Daly
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Hi

They obviously should not be sending you a request for different amounts. Clearly that is an error.

But they are free to reassess you and alter the amounts they demand from you.

There's no reason they cannot backdate equally as long you are informed of the claim before the start date.

However, if you are receiving requests for different amounts then thats really nothing to worry about as its clearly an error that will be put right upon your application to them.

If you think the assessment is inaccurate then you can ask for a reassessment of your position.

Hope this helps. Please press accept and then i will answer your follow up questions for free. Your question will not close.