How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7581
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i bought a house in 2004 which my brother and wife are living

Resolved Question:

i bought a house in 2004 which my brother and wife are living they have there names on the deeds she has been seeing someone else and now wants half the house can i stop her claiming her share
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following using the same numbering:-
1. Who is named as registered proprietors on the registered title to the property
2. Are the interests held as joint tenants or tenants in common
3. Is there a declaration of trust declaring each party’s interests in the property
Kind regards.
Thomas and 2 other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my brother and wife are registered as proprietors,joint tenants
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

You stated that you bought the house, how is it that they (and not you) came to be registered as proprietors.

Kind regards,


Related UK Family Law Questions