UKfamsol
UKfamsol, Solicitor
Experience:  Woman solicitor, qualified in 1994, specialist in family law, accredited with Resolution
40487810

Dear Sir /Madam, I am a British Lebanese man residing in

Dear Sir /Madam, I am a British Lebanese man residing in Lebanon with my 4 year old daughter since April 2010. We left the former marital home in UK in April 2010. My Thai wife (Married December 2009) followed us to Lebanon in August 2010 and left us back to the UK in January 2011. On 19th August 2011 she obtained a High Court Order: 1- Teviya Nasr our daughter to remain ward of court until further notice (She became ward of court 23 August 2011. 2- Leave given to serve me with C66 summons and order herein outside the jurisdiction. 3- Matter to be restored on 16th September 2011 in high court London subject to confirmation with Clerk of the rules. Further direction shall be given with regard to well fare of the ward. 4- Liberty to respondent to apply for variation of discharge of this order on 48 hour notice. I INTEND TO DISPUTE THE COURT'S JURISDICTION, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP? With My Kind Regards XXXXX XXXXX
HI
What would you like to know?
Claire
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I would like to know if you can present me at the high court in London to contest the jurisdiction of the court?
Hi
I am afraid that this is a question and answer forum we cannot represent anyone
Claire

You will need to find a firm of solicitors that specialise in international family law. Try searching via google "Solicitors that specialise in international family law". I suggest you pick a suitable firm in London from the list, or you could try www.yell.com. You can also try the search facility at the Law Society website:

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk

I am suggesting a firm in London as the case is likely to be heard in London - but if in another city, then pick a firm in that city. Solicitors can instruct the most apppropriate barrister wherever their firm is based.

But you need to check that the firm you choose specialises in INTERNATIONAL family law not just UK family law. It is likely that your solicitor will want to instruct a barrister on your behalf as this is a very specialised and difficult area of law. Unfortunately, it is unlilkely that you will be eligible for legal aid as you do not live in the UK, so this will all be very expensive, I would guess easily from £5,000 to £10,000 or possibly even more. BUT go and see or ring a solicitor as quickly as possible - they should be able to give you an estimate of what would be involved before you pay them anything. Take or fax or scan all the court papers and any other relevant documents to the solicitor of your choice, so that they can see in detail what the case is about, to be able to advise you properly. Hope this helps! Please click on ACCEPT, so that I can be credited for my time - thanks!

UKfamsol, Solicitor
Experience: Woman solicitor, qualified in 1994, specialist in family law, accredited with Resolution