Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi , Im a permanent resident here in UK and I have an illegitimate

Hi , I'm a permanent resident here in UK and I have an illegitimate child in Philippines. Is it possible to bring my child over here ?

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Please confirm that you have indefinite leave to remain in this country
  • 2. Are you on the chlid's birth certitificate

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi , yes I have indefinite leave to remain here in Uk and right now I am waiting for the response fromhome office on my application for british citizenship. Yes I am the mother on my son's birth certificate but I did use my Maiden's name since I can't use my married name .

Thanks for your question.

Yes, you will be able to apply your child to come here as your dependent. You will have to make a separate application to the home office to get the child a visa because the child will not be entitle to UK citizenship if born outside the UK before you are naturalised as a UK citizen.

If you are awaiting determination on your application for naturalisation then I would wait until this is return.

Obviously if the parent of the child in the Phillipines elects to dispute the child coming to the UK to live then you will have to resolve this issue under Phillipino Law first.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom