Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I was married to a Ukranian lady in Church ai Yalta on January

I was married to a Ukranian lady in Church ai Yalta on January 23d 2008 and have spent many months in Yalta with her since then --will this Church marriage be accepted as legal by U.K. Authorities K.G. Walker

Is the church to which you refer in the Ukraine?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes . it was the Temple of Ivan Solotousky and was solemnized by the Reverend of the same name and it is Russian Orthodox Ken

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the marriage will be viewed as a legal one for UK purposes provided the marriage itself was registered with the appropriate authority (eg. registry) in the Ukraine and you are able to produce the marriage certificate for your union.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,