lawsolved, Lawyer
Experience:  General Family Law Experience

Concerning maintanence, what does full time education mean

Concerning maintanence, what does "full time education" mean? On the CSA website it defines it as up to and including 'A' levels. i.e. not university.

I am being asked to pay maintanence to my ex-wife throughout our daughter's university, even though she works part time and I work full time. I am happy to contribute to my daughters needs at university but I can't understand why I should support my ex-wife when our daughter is at home?

Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  lawsolved replied 7 years ago.

You are obliged to pay child maintenance if your daughter is over 16 and under 19 and in full time non advanced education.

University education is deemed to be advanced education and as she is also working part time, you are not obliged to pay child maintenance if she has turned 16.

You may contribute to her needs if you wish.

All the best