Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I work for the public sector, last year my department set up

Customer Question

Hi I work for the public sector, last year my department set up a government own ltd company and Tuped staff from an IT supplier . Quite a few staff decided not to tupe and as a consequence many of the staff that did tupe over have had to step upto more senior roles. A pay and grading exercises has been dragging on for a year now with no sign of resolution. I have two staff that were junior buyers but have had tuped over and badged as senior buyers roles which attracts a lot more responsibility and stress. Their pay has not been increased, have the staff got any rights to challenge the underpayment?
JA: Welcome! How can I help with your employment law question?
Customer: Hi I work for the public sector, last year my department set up a government own ltd company and Tuped staff from an IT supplier . Quite a few staff decided not to tupe and as a consequence many of the staff that did tupe over have had to step upto more senior roles. A pay and grading exercises has been dragging on for a year now with no sign of resolution. I have two staff that were junior buyers but have had tuped over and badged as senior buyers roles which attracts a lot more responsibility and stress. Their pay has not been increased, have the staff got any rights to challenge the underpayment?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: I have raised this over and over again with HR but they say they can't do anything until they conclude the pay and grading exercise. They brought in a company to evaluate the jobs using th civil service JEGS process; this was completed in August. I think they don't like the outcome but will not provide a timescale to conclude the exercise.
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: The employment is full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know the outcome of the JEGS exercise for my staff which I cannot share with them. If this was finalised it would mean their jobs are graded more than £10k more than what they are receive today
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Have formal grievances been raised about this?

Please note I am going offline shortly so will continue with this in the morning, thanks