Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I work for a charity who are funded every 3 years and

Customer Question

Hi . I work for a charity who are funded every 3 years and recently every year ! I had a contract of employment that expired last year and hasn't been renewed when the latest funding came through. I have worked there continuously for over ,8 years . Is my out of date contract valid or should I have been issued with an up to date one ? Thank you
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Scotland uk
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Part time 28 hrs per week
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all thanks !
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Since the funding is now provided annually, has your employer advised you of any change to the renewal date of the contract?

Hi there, you appear to have been working on a fixed term contract. If, on the expiry of such contract, the employer does not take steps to terminate your employment or issue you with a new contract, you would continue to work on the existing terms and the end date would simply continue being postponed until the employer does something. So in effect your contract which existed at the time it expired would continue to apply, and instead of a specified end date it would continue in operation with an indefinite end date until you are either terminated or issued with a new contract.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you