Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I need to write a remedy letter for my indirect sex and

Customer Question

Hi. I need to write a remedy letter for my indirect sex and disability discrimination case. i'm still with the employer. I've actually missed the ET's date to submit this but I was waiting for my employer's response.Anyway, I have to get this done today.Good thing is I think I can send it by e-mail..... So I'm just browsing the internet for information on how to draft it because I'm representing myself.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in the UK; Notiingham.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time. Not sure what at will means....
JA: The lawyer is ready to answer your employment law question. Is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Not right now. Just need to draft the remedy and send asap... Maybe a bit of advice as to whether I need to send any evidence with it today.. not that there is much just letters regarding the disciplinary and grievance processes.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Please can you provide some background information on this so that I can have a better understanding and advise? Thank you

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What sort of background information, please?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

the disability and sex discrimination case in question?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay. I was given a written warning earlier this year by employer. For absences and lateness.They put everything together. I have children so 5 out of 9 absences had been for dependant's leave. 1 absence was for bullying caused at work.The rest are related to my condition,sickle cell anaemia. Then I had 9 latenesses; I had relocated and was struggling with childcare.Some of the latenesses were for periods of 5 minutes or less.I appealed the warning and argued primarily that the dependants leave especially should not have been looked at.The warning was upheld.I did a grievance to point out that the disciplinary process had been flawed because of the things that had been included (disability + dependants). Grievance was turned down.So I went to the ET. Now I need to send a letter of remedy and just need advice on how to put it together,please.Thanks
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Ben.... are you there please?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi this is really urgent.Can you please help or not? I need to send this letter today as I should have sent it on the 28th Sept and my employer's solicitor just sent me an email asking for it......
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

I am afraid I will not be able to help with this if needed today as I am in tribunal most of the day so I will have to opt out of this question unfortunately

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I was told you were available. Have I been charged for this,please?