Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Ben I resigned from my job at ******** this week after 4

Customer Question

Hi Ben
I resigned from my job at ******** this week after 4 months. The reason for my resignation was I accepted a role doing investment appraisal for IT projects. This role was presented in my job description and I had to do a case study as part of the interview process and demonstrate my ******** skills. My salary reflects an ******** role too. I am a qualified accountant with 8 years post qualification experience.
The daily reality is my role is to upload ******** to a system and request a shared service centre in India to load the funds into SAP. ******** is an immaterial part of the role. The role is an administration role.
It has been suggested that I may have a case for Misrepresentation. Please can you advise on Misrepresentation in the UK?
Thanks
******
Category: UK Employment Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here is a copy of my resignation e-mail. Please note neither my boss nor head of department have denied this is the case.
After four months with ********, I have concluded that my role is simply a processing role and I am completely overqualified for it.
Attached is my job description. The phrase ******** is written a number of times. This is why I accepted the role. Therefore I am at a loss to understand why I spend my days on administrative tasks: loading business cases into ********, requesting approvals, handling e-mails related to funds being loaded.
What confuses me more is the case study I had to prepare as part of the interview process is 100% focused on ********. I have now concluded that this exercise has an immaterial connection to the role and the daily reality and simply misleads a candidate at interview stage.
For reference I am attaching my CV, the role description, case study and my slides that I presented to yourself and ******** at interview stage.
Given that there has been a serious misalignment at interview stage I am resigning from ******** to seek an alternative role that reflects my qualifications and achievements over a sixteen year career.
Please take this e-mail as my resignation notice. My last day with ******** will be 31 October 2016.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Two weeks ago (before resigning), I requested a meeting with HR, but they ignored me.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Do you have a new job lined up?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Do you have a new job lined up?