Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My son works for Amey company at a local authority he was

Customer Question

My son works for Amey company at a local authority he was dismiss under bringing the company into disrepute for not wearing his uniform on a saturday. He has done this for the last three years and all the other security officers does it. He has never been disciplined of given a warning. He wants to appeal on the grounds that the penalty is too severe. Please advise?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: London
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 months ago.

Was there a disciplinary hearing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that when he easy verbally dismissed under the grounds of bringing the company into disrepute. He subsequently received written confirmation

From what you have written the punishment does seem extreme. It would have seemed more appropriate to have considered a verbal or indeed a written warning. As such he could invite them to reconsider their decision, basically an appeal of that decision. If this fails then he could take the matter to the employment tribunal.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

I hope that this helped. Please can you rate POSITIVE for me. Thanks as this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you.