Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

My husband was suspended a month ago on full pay for gross

Customer Question

my husband was suspended a month ago on full pay for gross misconduct . a piece of apparatus in a theatre fell on to a stage hand resulting in a small injury . We have not been contacted in any way by the company and the more it drags on the worse this is getting. He had no previous misconduct or warnings . But was threatened with the sack at the investigatory meeting and his boss shouted and threw paperwork around and said his work was lack si daisycal.... AS a result my husband is too stressed to work even though he is still on suspension, what can we do to sort out this awful mess
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

How long has he worked there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
11 years with out so much as a verbal warning
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it was an accident my husband has said that someone in side the theatre adjusted the limit switch thus causing the accident and was instantly suspended by his line manager then called into his boss 2 days later for an meeting . I cant see how it can be gross misconduct and now they are completely ignoring him . we are very worried and concerned about our future and his career .He hasn't even been told how long the suspension will last or exactly what he is accused of other than" lacksidaisical "work .
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He has been told not to contact anyone in work and any clients either he has not been given a neutral person as a point of contact . All my husband wants to do is help the investigation and go back to work but all we have is a wall of silence.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want to know if the likely hood is that he will be dismissed for gross misconduct after the company have investigated the incident and if this is legal ?