Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

My question is on the Restrictions imposed on my Contract

Customer Question

My question is on the Restrictions imposed on my Contract after termination. I work for a company that manufacture and produce disinfectants. There are 5 restrictions mainly. It says that I am not to engage, work or be involved with similar business competitors or any business that deals with anti microbial products or start a similar business for the next 6 months post termination. Does this mean I cannot work for 6 months? Or does this only cover within UK (because I have opportunities to start a fresh on EU countries.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today.

Does the clause give any form of geographical restriction?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Jenny,
I don't think it gives any geographical restriction but page 14 clause 26 says 'in accordance with the law of England and Wales'. I would like to start my own business of the same nature. Can I do this in the UK? If not can I register in the EU states and sell it online during the restricted period to start with while I remain in the UK? Please could you look at clause 17 the Restrictions (please see attached. sorry it won't let me attached the whole doc) and advice me what I can or cannot do? Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does this agreement cover only England and Wales? Does the restrictions prohibit me from working in the same field for the next 6 months? or does this only cover direct competitors?
Thank you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Jenny I was wondering if you have had a chance to look at my query? Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 2 months ago.

Hi I had a loss of internet connection yesterday. I am going to look at this as soon as possible today. Regards Jenny

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Jenny I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would rather you respond to this chat please instead of the phone call. Thank you but I sent that call because I was getting worried whether or not you've received my messages as I paid for a quick response service. How to hear from you soon. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jenny would I be possible toga ve an answer from you today like you mentioned? I hope your internet connection is alright now. Please do let me know as I need to take action before the end of the week. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
To have