Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
13113900

I currently in business with 2 other people i own 25%, the

Customer Question

hi, i currently in business with 2 other people i own 25%, the other person 9% and the other has the rest (majority) I have just received an email from the majority shareholder suspending me from duties and to attend a meeting on the 15th july to discuss 3 complaints that have been made. I also work there on a self employed basis as a fitness instructor are they allowed to do this?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: uk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: the complaints that have been made are by the majority shareholders new partner and another complaint by an instructor who took a small remark on fb out of context as he is after the girl the majority shareholder is after. I was requested to attend meeting but due to childcare i was unable to attend and was looking at a date next week but before having chance to get back to the other directors i received this email they state because i am having some health appointments at the mo and i'm worried about them plus the complaints they are suspending me from duties for 1 month. I feel this is more of a personal issue than professional
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Do you have a contractor agreement with the company?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As a personal trainer there is an SLA as a director no
Expert:  Alex J. replied 5 months ago.

Hi thank you. Technically no he does not have the right as a director alone to suspend you. However he owns over 50% of the shares therefore he has the power to remove you as a director and control the management of the company. The only thing he cannot do without you is dilute your shareholding. If you cooperate with the suspension can you carry on working with this person? Kind regards AJ