Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I've been doing on average 17 hrs overtime every week bar

Customer Question

I've been doing on average 17 hrs overtime every week bar holidays for the last 4 years. When do the overtime hrs become part of my contract
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Northern Ireland
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I work 37hr week and do 2 1/2 hrs overtime mon -Thursday 3 hrs Fri and 4 hrs sat. I am a weighbridge Operator
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes because I took a grievance against council employer to do with holiday to include overtime they are now going to cut the overtime
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Does your contract mention overtime hours at all? If so, please can you tell me what it says regarding this.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's states this post will require evening,weekend and bank holiday working

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you