Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I'm a management accountant who is being audited by my

Customer Question

I'm a management accountant who is being audited by my boss#='s brothers accountancy firm. They claim that my last years work as deadlines have not been met have caused concern over 'Trust' and want to me to answer questions attend meetings etc.
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I wasn't sure if I needed one but do feel v
ery nervous
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: I have been employed as the Finance Manager for the last 6 years and worked for this limited company for 15 years. I have never had any warnings or been in bother. Recently we had a server crash which caused our accounts to be submitted late to companies house and this triggered our accountants to ask why it had taken so long. This has since been fixed and accounts now submitted. Now every single transaction that I have made has come under scrutiny and I'm feeling like my job is at risk. I'm very stressed as I as worried I am being pushed out the door
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Do you think you will be able to answer any allegations they have, or do you believe this is a fishing exercise by them to try and justify getting you out?

Please note I am just about to leave the office so won't be able to reply until later today, thanks

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Do you think you will be able to answer any allegations they have, or do you believe this is a fishing exercise by them to try and justify getting you out?