Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I get a 15p per hour pay enhancement my courses

Customer Question

I get a 15p per hour pay enhancement for keeping my courses upto date with my employer now the new living wage has come in they are stopping it is legal? my courses are all upto date still.
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: exactly what i put . since the living wage came in they have now stopped the 15p even though my courses are upto date and tell me i can not work if the courses lapse. So i have to work for 15p per hour less now. the 15p was on top of my hourly rate as an enhancement, they paid it for the first month after living wage introduction but now are stopping it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello how long have you worked there for and is this allowance stated in your contract?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2 years and i am sure that it is in my contract but would need to look it out
When exactly did you start as that would be relevant?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i need to stop this conversation as the cost is running away and i cant afford it to be honest , i though tthis was a free service. sorry.
No it is not a free service but also it is a fixed fee so the costs will not 'run away'. Let me know if you wish to continue, thanks
Hello, do you wish to continue please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i do not wish to continue, 26 words , no answer and £43.
If you would kindly look back at our conversation to date, I asked you an initial query, which I needed an answer to before I could proceed, instead you told me that you need to stop the conversation. I then asked if you wanted to continue, to which you never replied. So no I have not given you any answers yet as I am still waiting for the information I asked at the outset, plus the last post from you was that you wanted to stop this and I was not going to just spend time preparing an answer if I did not hear from you that you still wanted to proceed.