Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have been employed since August 2013 as Sales Manager

Customer Question

Hi I have been employed since August 2013 as Sales Manager for a reasonable size engineering subcontractor, I have never received any official letter outlining my terms and condition other than verbal communication, I was promised a car but then told the co could not afford it has I had not produced enough sales!, however at my last review August 2015 my MD said that my commision would be over £200000-500000 I would receive 2 % and over £500000 I would receive 2.5%, again nothing in writing! so now my sales stand at £788000 and I am due to be paid commission on £534000 which now has been invoiced and paid by my customers which amounts to£6337 with a balance of £6876 to be paid in three months, despite writing to my boss in Feb and April to confirm the commission amount he is now claiming that the commission discussions in August 2015 he cannot recall despite me showing him my notes of the meeting in my diary and the figures that were discussed, he has tried to say he will pay something but now my projects are now up and running by 31st July 2016 I could be owed a further £26883 plus so you can see his dilemma! What are your thoughts?.
JA: OK. The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Many thanks Paul Bayley.
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No other than starting research, for me it is a straight breach of contract and if you shake hands on a discussion that will be upheld in court?
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: When I first started I was promised £15000 on a million pounds of sales but I would have a company car, the projects took longer to instigate but again nothing in writing and because of the co car aspect my boss changed the commission to help in July 2015, my works manager in a humorous comment has stated that it would be difficult to get him to pay!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
What exactly are you hoping to achieve in the circumstances?
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - What exactly are you hoping to achieve in the circumstances?