Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have just started a new job. Am 2 minths in and everything

Customer Question

I have just started a new job. Am 2 minths in and everything is changing. I took the job 6 months ago under certain conditions and now its not what they said. What can i do
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: In August last year i was offered Chief Actuary of EMEA role at large company. I took it but was on 6 months notice. I left a really good job. I started 6 weeks ago but in the meantime they have been in the press as need to cut costs. They have now changed structure as well and all the things i took the job for breadth, travel big team has changed. I feel i have been cheated and really dislike it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: I have tried to change things to make it better but to no avail. They paid me a signing bonus that i need to return if i leave.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you hoping to achieve?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Am i able to leave without paying bonus back as they have breached the contract
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
By removing my responsibilities
Does the contract say you have to pay back the bonus and if so under what conditions?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes if i leave within a year. I dont have it here
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just feel like i have been really mislef
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Misled
Are you able to get that clause just so I can see exactly what you are bound by? Not a problem if it is tomorrow?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes. I have it on email but would need to be tomorrow
No problem, whenever it is convenient, I will pick this up again tomorrow.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks
Any luck with finding the contract? No worries if not, I was just checking to see how you are getting on, thanks
Hi, do you still want to send the contract or are you happy for me to provide advice based on the info I already have?