Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am a salaried employee and I have left my employement. My

Customer Question

I am a salaried employee and I have left my employement. My boss is not wanting to pay me for accrued PTO. Is this legal?
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What do you nee
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
How long did you work there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
21 months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My last paystub shows my accrued PTO total, what has been used, and what is available
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure how this works, but is there going to be an answer? Not in a huge hurry, just not sure!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I experienced some temporary connection issues and could not get back on the site until now. All appears to be resolved now so I can continue dealing with your query. Can you please clarify a few things for me: Are you in the UK or US? When did you leave your employment? Does the contract say anything about the employer being able to retain such payments?