Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice

I have been offered a temporary job in Singapore(6 months)

Customer Question

Hi, I have been offered a temporary job in Singapore(6 months) and wondered if I required a visa coming from the UK
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I also have a conviction from 2 years ago, relating to possesion of a controlled substance
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: the work will be on a 8 week rotation and then I will be back in the UK for 3 weeks before another 8 week spell in Singapore
JA: OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Lawyer whenever you like.
Customer: yes you can connect me
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
Yes you need a work pass. Here are the details from the Ministry of Manpower of Singapore What you get paid and the length of work will determine which type of pasta you need. Even working for a couple of months needs a pass of some description. Does that answer the question?Can I answer any specific points arising from this? Please do not forget to use the rating service to rate my answer positively so that I get credit for my time today. Although you may get the impression that the thread closes after rating, it does not, it stays open and we can still continue our exchanges at no extra cost to you. Kind regards