Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Is verbal resignation legal and binding, No, I am a member

Customer Question

Is verbal resignation legal and binding
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No , I am a member of a union
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am a nurse. I was ill & called in sick, my manager said I am not ill & should come to work
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: My manager will not accept my resignation in writing
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My contract of employment does not mention on how to give notice on resigning
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 months ago.
Hello can you please explain if you have resigned both in writing and verbally and if you are prepared to work through your notice period?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - can you please explain if you have resigned both in writing and verbally and if you are prepared to work through your notice period?