Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

For ***** *****, and my issue is regarding employee rights

Customer Question

For ***** ***** Jones, My name is ***** ***** my issue is regarding employee rights in the UK.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. I work for the NHS. I've been off roughly 6 weeks with stress and anxiety. My manager booked me in for occupational health appt. But the night before I became ill and started vomiting. I called to try and reschedule my appointment as I was ill and my manager told me that if I didn't go I wouldn't get paid for 3weeks and it wouldn't be reimbursed to me. I kept stating I was too ill but she wouldn't listen. She sent a supervisor to my front door to take me to the appointment and told me "if I was that sickto take a bag to vomit into" My doctor has note of me being sick on this date and told me not to go
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Employment Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I must add that my manager told me she couldn't change my appointment. But HR, OCC HEALTH, My union And citizens advice said it can be. This would mean my manager is lying to me and obviously in breach of contract as she is not following company procedures. Which isn't surprising as management are often "misleading" with employees rights within the NHS. With my manager and supervisor both telling all staff the occupational health can overrule my gp and force me back to work. Is this a legal matter I can take up as bullying, harassment or inequality in how I'm treated. I don't fall under any of the reasons such as race, religon etc for this "lady" not to like me but its definite discrimination due to her (wrong) preconceived opinion of me.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for? Also, what is your entitlement to sick pay and ability to stop it like this?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long have you worked there for? Also, what is your entitlement to sick pay and ability to stop it like this?