Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have been working in recycling company years now and 6 of

Customer Question

Hello, I have been working in recycling company for 8 years now and 6 of these years I have spent on supervising other people together with other 2 supervisors so there always been 3 of us. Our managing director employed 3 supervisors from his old workplace to run the furnace few years ago. Now the furnace has been shut down and instead of making these 3 supervisors redundant they 'pushed' them in to our supervisors group and there have been 6 of us for a year now. Now the managing director turned around and said he will be introducing 5 shift pattern which will only require 5 of us so one will have to be made redundant and he has given us one week before he enforces one of us to go
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: he should know that I have been a supervisor for 6 years now and others only been there for 2 years on different terms and conditions of the employment . I'm afraid that our managing director may commit cronyism to keep his old friends and get rid of me where I have been here for longer and have more experience in recycling business
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks you for requesting me but this is not my area so I will pass on to a colleague who can help

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, can you please let me know if there was any overlap of duties between the existing 3 supervisors and the other 3, before they moved to do your job?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There was no overlap, they had completely different duties and different contracts

Was their move not challenged at the time?