Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

VR is my name. The issue is regarding my maternity nurse

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have a 11 week X 6 days X 24hrs contract with the maternity nurse. It has a termination clause with a notice period of 2 weeks. Middle of last week she packed up saying she needed to go home and handed my twins in my hand and left. She did not tell us what the issue was, when she was coming back if at all. She messaged a couple of says back saying she now wants to change the days she will work, then she messaged yesterday saying she can come back on 1 particular day. Now she says she has a cold and will not book her tickets to come back till we pay her for the 2 days she did before abandoning us. We are not even sure if she will come back even if we pay. She has a sizeable deposit which we are worried can never be recovered as she can leave like this even in her notice period with no intimation
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. How can I help with this please?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw our initial query above - What would you like to know about this situation?