Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I was dismissed from my employers misconduct (April 2011) in

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I was dismissed from my employers for gross misconduct (April 2011) in that I became alcohol dependent. After medical intervention it was found that I have liver disease. I dont feel my employers gave me enough support or encouragement to deal with this although they gave me several warnings. Also my professional registration has been suspended. What I want to know is that if I wanted to, when can I apply for a position in the same area (NHS Nurse) at the same hospital? I was told at my final hearing that I could not enter the premises unless I was a patient which I am. I have been attending AA and my local Alcohol Service for over 3 years and I have been abstinent since June 2015.
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. Thank you.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: Do I have a grievance case and a claim for loss of earnings? Without my registration I cant work as a nurse. They offered me 6 weeks of counselling which did not help in any way.I did have union representation for dealing with the NHS and a barrister dealing with my registration.
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. So to confirm you were sacked in 2011 but have not yet done anything to challenge this officially?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - So to confirm you were sacked in 2011 but have not yet done anything to challenge this officially?