Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I started working the 5th of november, but they gave me to

Customer Question

hi I started working the 5th of november, but they gave me to sign the work contract the 7 december, and I signed it. then, I have read the work contrac and :
1 it say when dismissal or trying to dismissal they will give the reasons by writting and then we will have a meeting, we had a meeting but they never gave me the reasons by writting and I was dismissal and then they gave me the reasons.
2. it say , work contract that if I am dismissal before 3 months, I will have 2 weeks notice, and if i am dismissal after 3 months I will have 4 weeks notice. THEN DUE I STARTED THE 5 NOVEMBER BUT I SIGNED THE CONTRACT ON 7 DECEMBER, I DONT KNOW IF THEY SHOULD GIVE ME 2 OR 4 MONTHS, DUE the 2 weeks notice say : I am writing to confirm that on 26ty january 16 you were given 2 weeks notice that your employemnt with the company will terminate on 9th of february 2016 due to the points detailed below. THEN THE NOTICE WAS GIVEN BEFORE THE 3 MONTHS END BUT THE NOTICE END AFTER THE 3 MONTH,
3. May you explain me if all this help me to bring to court because they have not done well the things, and if they should have given me 2 or 4 weeks notice? thanks
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Can you confirm that you started work on 5 November and were dismissed on 26th January?