Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am trying to understand what the implications would be if

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** ***** I am trying to understand what the implications would be if ignored a restrictive covenant in my contract
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Give me a couple of minutes and i will try to pull the clause, and give you a bit of background
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Employment Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: dollars?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

Generally if you ignore a restrictive covenant the holder of the covenant can take you to court - seek an injunction to prevent the breach and potentially seek damages and costs against you. The key will be whether the restrictive covenant if in an employment contract was fair and not inappropriately restrictive at the time that it was entered into. Happy to discuss but please rate positive

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, can you please provide details of the restrictive covenant and what exactly the employer is trying to prevent you from doing?