Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I am always been asked about my body language and tone. I am

Customer Question

I am always been asked about my body language and tone. I am the only female in a male management team. Do I have a case of gender discrimination?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Even though you are the only female on the team, if they can prove that there is an ACTUAL issue with your tone and body language, then that would be a legitimate reason to raise the issue. However, from what you are saying, this is likely a pretext for discrimination based on your gender, since you say the video shows you have not done what they are claiming. So now you need to take the matter to the EEOC and show that their alleged reasons are merely a pretext for discrimination and it is then up to the EEOC to issue you a right to sue letter, as that is what is required for you to go to court against the employer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help, I will go and check out the EEOC, Can I ask, would you advise me to meet with my line manager and have a union rep with me.

Thank you for your reply. I just saw you were in the UK.

You need to first report this to your union. If the union cannot resolve it, then you file a complaint to the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) (not the EEOC).