How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8865
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have advised my employer that I should leave within a few

Customer Question

I have advised my employer that I should leave within a few months the Company. They thanked for telling them. The notice by contract is one month.
I go back to my Country of Origin to study and I have realized that it would be very helpful to have a letter from my Employer saying that my contract terminated by mutual consent (for the U1 form). Shall I feel free to ask my employer? ('Resignation' should not show on U1 form)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. Is the employment based in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know as well how long does it take to get the U1 form from the government . Can I make the request prior my last working day in order to speed the process?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jenny! Would it be possible for you to answer my previous question?