Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have advised my employer that I should leave within a few

Customer Question

I have advised my employer that I should leave within a few months the Company. They thanked for telling them. The notice by contract is one month.
I go back to my Country of Origin to study and I have realized that it would be very helpful to have a letter from my Employer saying that my contract terminated by mutual consent (for the U1 form). Shall I feel free to ask my employer? ('Resignation' should not show on U1 form)
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. Is the employment based in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know as well how long does it take to get the U1 form from the government . Can I make the request prior my last working day in order to speed the process?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jenny! Would it be possible for you to answer my previous question?