Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have worked current employer years. 2 years ago my husband

Customer Question

I have worked for my current employer for 5 years. 2 years ago my husband was diagnosed with cancer and I took time out (at the instigation of my employer). Since then I have sufferecd and been treated for depression. I have taken some time off work but have tried to maximise my attendance - at times attending work when I was not fit and this has been noticed by my employer who tried on numerous occasions to send me home. I want to work. Last week I was signed off by my GP with stress and the response for my employers was to say that they are going to move me to another role. Despite the fact that I have never been advised that my performance was anything other than as expected or exceeded. This is not in my best interests as I love my job and moving me to another role is in my view setting me up to fail - why move me from something I am performing at least as expected if not exceeding to something new that I have no idea of what to do. What are my rights?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Does your job affect your depression or aggravate your condition?