Jenny McKenzie
Jenny McKenzie,
Experience:  10 Years of experience in Employment Law and HR
32019188

I have just been informed that my job title and position

Customer Question

I have just been informed that my job title and position within my company is changing as the company has been sold and we are restructuring. I have been shown an organisational diagram which shows I have been removed from the site senior management team purely because of the restructuring. We used to operate a flat level management structure but because of the restructuring a Plant Manager is being brought in to cope with the expansion of personnel and work. All the other 3 managers are remaining as part of the senior management team but my role is being renamed and I have been excluded from the team. I currently receive a quarterly bonus based on the overall site performance but will now no longer be eligible for it as I will not be a part of the team. I am currently on a salary but typically work on average 10 hours of unpaid overtime a week. I have been told that my terms and conditions and my pay are not changing and that my work will remain generally the same. I believe I am being demoted because of the restructuring and that my job role, terms and conditions and removal of my bonus should legally be renegotiated
How do I stand? Any help would be great please.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 years

Hi I am sorry for the delay is it over 2 years. This is really important as regards ***** ***** in this situation.