Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Can you please let me know that annual leave entitlement 1

Customer Question

can you please let me know that annual leave entitlement for HGV 1 driver I have two full time employed drivers one has been employed by me for 9 years and the other commenced working for me on the 24.04.2015 and 1 self employed driver.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello how many days per week do the work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 or six days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it depends but usually its between 5 and days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for an answer to my question
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

The one who is an employee will be subject to the minimum holiday entitlements afforded under the Working Time Regulations, which are 5.6 weeks (equivalent to 28 days a year) if they are a full time worker working at least 5 days a week. The self employed driver would not be entitled to any holidays by law - you have the option of agreeing holidays with them but they cannot claim that they should be allowed any holidays in the year because self employed workers do not have the legal right to a minimum number of holidays. So your main priority would be with ensuring the employee gets their legal entitlement of 28 days a year.

I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you