Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I currently work A but I want to move on because I'm not

Customer Question

Hi, I currently work for company A but I want to move on because I'm not happy here. I have a job offer from company b, which is a competitor of company A (not direct competitor but same industry).
The companies are both online gaming companies, however xxx xx xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxx xx xxxxxxx
In my contract it says You will not for a period of 3 months after the termination of your employment anywhere in the world, whether as a principal or agent, and whether alone or jointly with, or as a director, manager, partner, shareholder, employee or consultant of any other person directly or indirectly;
And then a whole bunch of bullet points which basically says I can't go to a competitor or do anything that competes with the company.
What I'm curious about, is this enforceable and should I be upfront about it when resigning?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How will you working for the new employer affect your current one?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How will you working for the new employer affect your current one?