Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My girlfriends bonus was changed last year without

Customer Question

my girlfriends bonus was changed last year without consultation to 50% being paid into the company pension> the bonus is not contracted but most years its paid .this year was a big bonus and she because shes has her own pension recived on half.She raised the matter with personel. They said they had discretion to pay it how they wished. The company secretary looked into into and said this year she is too late any way to appeal but she did raise it only 4 weeks after payment asking where her other £2500 was.Surely this is illegal
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. So the bonus is not a contractual entitlement - where is it actually defined and its rules included?