Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I applied job as a mental health recovery worker. i was

Customer Question

I applied for a job as a mental health recovery worker.
i was offered accepted then I was told i had the job. My DBS was at the first interview, it was scanned and sent to HR ReThink. They said they need an update as that was out of date. I asked at that time is there a problem , have i still got the job. I was told please do not worry its just a formality. After waiting three and a half months they got the same DBS but updated. Nothing has changed, the difference with my case is i work voluntarily for Devon County doing Dual Diagnosis steering group. I was a facilitator for Addaction for 18 months. I ran Ripple Effect Devon in Barnstaple helping and guiding service users to engage with stake holder groups and services doing feedback for the commissioners. Now i am being accused of giving false evidence plus doing it deliberately. My convictions were read out at my interview on May 12 2015 scanned and sent in to HR it was them who said i am offered the position. What do i do?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello has the offer now been withdrawn?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have been sent an email of the application statement plus a letter explaining the reason, but i gave all my details at the first interview, plus previously and now, i am and have been responsible for service users throughout devon. also i was the image displayed and placed on BBC Spotlight and Radio Devon publicising the 15 million pound tender for Devon Recovery Service RISEof which i had involvement. What i can't understand is, how can i be cleared by Devon County Council to work and do private meetings on non-disclosurable information but then be responsible for vulnerable adults with the same DBS. I have no convictions for sex or violence. Where are my rights. would you like a copy of the statements i can forward or attach them ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have you sent an answer to my question Ben?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry I was offline by the time you had replied and have only just come back. What do they allege you have done to mislead them – what was the false information they refer to?