Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My friend was on a secondment and

Customer Question

My friend was on a secondment and was promised his old position back on his return. Secondment has finished. My friend has now been told his position no longer exists and it has been given to someone els with more pay. My friend now has been asked to come up with an idea what he can do instead. My friend feels demoted and upset.
Can the employer do this to him?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long he worked there for and was there a guarantee that after his secondment his job would be safe?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long he worked there for and was there a guarantee that after his secondment his job would be safe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18 years in employment and there was a guarantee job will be safe. My friend has secured the position back. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks do you want me to close this question in this case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do