Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
13113900

Is it possible employer HR department to distribute

Customer Question

is it possible for my employer HR department to distribute my medical examination to personnel within the company without my consent
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. This would be a very serious of the Data Protection Act 1998 if they were circulating your medical records and using them for a purpose for which you had not reasonable consented. If they have done this you need to either raise a grievance or if they do not take it seriously complain to the Information Commissioner - https://ico.org.uk/This breach is particularly serious because medical records could be considered sensitive personal data - and while you might have consented to them holding these records - they would have to be careful to obtain your consent to do almost anything with them.Can I assist you any further? Kind regards AJ