Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have completed my tax credit return and realised that for

Customer Question

I have completed my tax credit return and realised that for the previous 2 years I should have included other income from property £9500, I accept the oversight was mine , can I write and tell tax credits child tax credits that it was a mistake and can I pay it back
Category: UK Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it is my responsibility but my dad told me it was the same as Child benefit and you could earn £50,000 . I want to minimise the chance of a prosecution , and want to put myself in a position where they may choose the civil route I can pay it back in full.I hade written a letter saying that we have filed in the 2 previous years and realise now that we should have included other income I have supplied figures of the other income in the letter 2012/ 2013 being £9400 and 2014/ 2015
£9780. I have informed them that we can pay back any overpayments on demand and also any penalties, would you put in about yhe penalties, will this reduce the likelihood of prosecutions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The letter has not yet been sent but I want to send it asap
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Sorry for the delay. What is the sum of the overpayment please?