Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I've been working company year now. My daily

Customer Question

Hi. I've been working for a company for one year now. My daily place of work is different every day and I use my own car for travel. My petrol and some expenses are covered. However,my employer takes one hour off the beginning of my day and one hour off the end of my day if my start and end journey take longer than an hour. The company stated that because people were claiming excessive travel time,it was implemented to counter said people. Is this legal?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What does your contract state about being paid for travel time?