Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My daughter left her previous job by handing in her written

Customer Question

Hi my daughter left her previous job by handing in her written notice, she was then paid for two months after without her realising asv debts and bills had come out of her account, she became aware when she asked them for her p45, she then received a letter asking for the money to be repaid. She wrote back saying she had spent the money as she was unaware and had she not asked for her P45 she would still be receiving payments, she pleaded on the grounds of estoppel and as now received a threatening letter from a managing director saying he is getting the police involved under the fraud act 2006 annd threatening her with bad reference that she could go to jail or have ccjs against her which will have a life changing effect, as you can imagine she is now stressed and worried about this, the money is gone so can not be paid back as they insist, please advise
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you tried to negotiate a repayment over time?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Have you tried to negotiate a repayment over time?