Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I've been accused of victimisation in workplace by an employee

Customer Question

I've been accused of victimisation in workplace by an employee that I have been performance managing since November . This is now a formal process and he had a month to improve but he has now been signed off by his doc with stress and lodged this complaint about me and his immediate line manager. I think the allegation is malicious what redress do I have
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. In such circumstances the only thing you can really do is make a counter-complaint against him with the employer. This is done through a formal grievance where you raise the issues you have with the employer and then they investigate these and decide if any action is appropriate. For example, they could decide to speak to the employee and advise them to drop their complaint, or they could discipline them. Instead you could let the employer decide for themselves that their complaint is baseless and that no action is taken against you. However, if you want to take it further then the grievance is really your only option in this case.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether you need further help or if I can close the question? Thank you