Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My name is ***** *****'m 60 years old I have been working

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** 60 years old I have been working for Hanson building products for 12 years,as a hgv driver on Wednesday I had an appointment at the hospital at 9 o clock, am which they were aware of, the plan was that I would return to work after to do a delivery, so before I went to the hospital I went to my lorry and put my tacho card in . I meant to press the rest symbol but in stead I pressed the other work symbol . Then I went to the hospital I was at the hospital until 12.30 . So I rang the transport manager and told him I'm going to be late returning to work and it might be to late to do the delivery,as it had to be their by 3pm. He then said he would ring me back,when I next spoke to him he said the load is being done by another driver. I said ok and that I will come back and load my truck for the next day , which is what I did .now I've been suspended until Monday ,for not doing the delivery and falsifying the tacho .i would have changed it but I don't know to do it . As I keep telling them I don't know how to do a manual entry. Please tell me what can I do. Leslie beard
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you hoping to achieve in this situation?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - What are you hoping to achieve in this situation?