Jenny McKenzie
Jenny McKenzie,
Experience:  10 Years of experience in Employment Law and HR

Signing a document with the company signature and not that

Signing a document with the company signature and not that of the author.

Is this acceptable? If lies are found to be contained within the document, how can an individual be held to account?

Jenny McKenzie : Hello and welcome to Just Answer, can you explain the situation on more detail?

I have a document signed by *Law Firm Name*. This document contains a number of lies, who is accountable if it is not known who wrote it?

Jenny McKenzie : So I assume it is signed yours faithfully with the firm name? Is there any reference number on it?

Yes thats correct and no referance either

Jenny McKenzie : Hi in that instance the partners of the firm would be responsible for the content. If you have a complaint you should direct it to the firms managing partner. If it is not resolved to your satisfaction then you can raise a complaint with the legal services ombudsman .

So is this standard practice? Is it allowed?

Jenny McKenzie : Normally you would be able to trace the author through a file reference so no I would not say it is normal for a letter to be unidentifiable.

Okay thats great thank you for your help :)

Jenny McKenzie : It is not unlawful though. The firm managing partner should be concerned about the practice.