Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Hello. United Kingdom English Law: Can you please tell me

Hello. United Kingdom English Law:
Can you please tell me WHEN our school accountant (we are in the private sector) is supposed to issue us with the payslip each month. Our salaries are paid into our accounts by him between 28th and the end of each month. Should he by law issue the payslip for each month at the same time as he pays our salaries or... When? He is in general very slow and sometimes if we don't chase him on such issues like payslips, he may be several weeks or more, late.

Thank you very much.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

You can find the rules relating to payslips here:

The law requires that the employer issues you with a written itemised pay statement "at or before the time at which any payment of wages or salary is made to you"