UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor
62162956

Ive been asked to resign, the reasons I have been given are

I've been asked to resign, the reasons I have been given are extremely tenuous performance issues, because I don't have any performance issues. No procedure has been followed, but all I'm being offered is my contractual 3months notice I have only been with the company 18months, not the 2 years required to take a constructive dismissal case which this clearly would be a case of. What should I do?

Unless you are able to show that you are being discriminated against on the grounds of say race, gender, marital status, age etc. I would advise you to try and negotiate them giving you a reference on top of the notice (or pay in lieu of notice if you will not be working out your notice period).

As you have rightly picked up, you need at least 2 years of service if your job started after 6 April 2012 to bring any claim for unfair dismissal in the tribunal. If you do not have this 2 years service, you cannot bring a claim.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback