Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in UK Employment Law

Hello, I work for IT in a large Media group and my boss

I work for IT in a large Media group and my boss is putting me on a performance management. Their excuses are that they went looking for 360 feedback and customers apparently said that they do not feel comfortable when I am on production shift amongst other things although I have been on this shift for 2 years plus. We went through redundancy in the beginning of the year and lost more than half our team. We were 2 service managers and the CTO hired 1 more and promoted a shift lead to join us as a service manager as well. Although we complained that the rota was too much we decided that we needed to created another one, so I did and sent it to the CTO. NO reply. I often worked 2 weeks of night shifts and a weekend which burned me out mentally. I complained and was told ''why are you stressed, we fix everything now, not much is going on". Since then one of the service managers last promoted was promoted again to Head of service management. The CTO asked me to put a date into his calendar to do a Career progression plan for me , it was cancelled twice so I moved it forward. It was then that the CTO changed it to a performance management plan. We had our meet and he presented me with a list of tasks he explained is necessary to improve the perception I pass to IT and the customer. I have not signed for it but feel that I have been setup to fail. the companies way for loop holing constructive dismissal.
I need your help. where to from here.
Some of the things on his list is to stand up and do a presentation to all of IT. Do lots of Documentation etc.

regards V
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What specific queries do you have about this please?

Customer:

hello Ben

Customer:

are you in the UK?

Customer:

Have you read what happend? do I agree to performance management or do I make a stand. I need advice really/

Customer:

Hi Ben are you there

Ben Jones :

Hello sorry I was offline by the time you had replied. I am indeed in the UK. Have you seen the feedback they are using against you?

Customer:

No

Customer:

I went around to ask a few people in a round about way and no one have bad feedback.

Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience: Expert in UK Employment Law
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.