Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Hey. My company is looking to hire its first two employees

Hey.

My company is looking to hire its first two employees in the next two months. Could you please advise or link to what a basic employment contract should contain.

Also is it possible to issue a temp employment contract for let's say 30 days while the final one is being put together by a solicitor?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

By law you are only required to issue an employee with a written statement of employment particulars within 2 months of the date they started working for you. So you do not have to issue a contract as such, the statement will suffice and if you only want to postpone the issuing of the formal contract by a month then you would not even be required to issue them with anything during that time.

You can find a template written statement here:

http://www.acas.org.uk/media/word/5/s/HS02-written-statement-example.doc